Gay-Friendly / Same-Sex / LGBTQ Wedding Venues in Devon
Reasons to Get Married in Devon
You’re getting married – congratulations! Now comes for the more daunting part than popping the question: choosing the wedding venue. It’s crucial that you have a venue that you are both happy with, as it’s the part that will stick in your memory long after the champagne giggles and confetti throwing is over. Luckily, we’ve compiled a list of all the gay-friendly venues in the country, which means the hard part is done! Now all you have to do is choose where in the UK you want to spend your big day. If you’re struggling to decide, why not consider Devon?
Chances are, if you’re ever planned a staycation (vacation while staying in the UK), Devon has topped your list. Nestled in the West Country, Devon is the second biggest county in the country, and is full of rolling hills and glorious beaches. Devon is also famous for its clotted cream, the Exmoor moorland, and its beautiful countryside, which is second to none. Picture this… stepping out of a huge manor house onto a lawn, newly-married and surrounded by all your loved ones, while the sun shines down on your happy day. Not about that manor house vibe? There are heaps of cosy barns and stunning beach getaways if you want something a little more low-key.
Luckily, Devon also has heaps of gay-friendly wedding venues to choose from! This means you have more time to think about important details, such as food tasting, dress/suit shopping, and which in-laws you want to invite... All you have to do is browse through our compiled list, and decide which venue is right for you as a couple.
Still not convinced? Here are some interesting facts about Devon to help you make your mind up!
- Devon is home to one of the country’s best donkey sanctuaries. What could be better than spending the days leading up to (or after) your wedding surrounded by a load of gorgeous donkeys?!
- Depsite its name, the Cornish Pasty was actually invented in Devon… (if you don’t believe us, look it up!)
- The Jack Russell was invented in Devon! By a man called – you guessed it – Reverend Jack Russell
- Devon has Europe’s oldest cinema. While you can’t visit it now, it’s certainly a reason to spend a few hours watching films as newly-weds!
- Devon is also home to the last castle built in England. It was built in 1930. Game of Thrones fans will be interested to know it’s called Castle Drogo.
For information on the legalities of getting married (Eg. Informing the registrar of your "Intent to Marry") please look at the Devon Council's Website